On this episode, Sam Harris talks about time because he has been thinking a lot about life and being happy as much as possible. Sam explores the things that makes people feel sad about their age and also holds back their enjoyment in the moment.
After hearing complaints from friends of all ages it seems a wierd phenomonom that everyone over the age of 21 starts to panic about their birthday and in society it is rude to ask peoples age as if the fact they are old is a dirty thing. Thinking about how he would be 30 soon and having to re-watch an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S where all cast members were having mid-life crises about turning 30 themselves was a wierd event. Sam panicked about the idea of old age but quickly got over it and presents some of his solutions.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter. "
> -Mark Twain
So I’ve been asking myself this question: What makes so many people scared of aging? And how can people deal with aging?
Why people get scared of their age
- Impending death - It's a logical thing and natural process of life
- Looking less attractive - Skin ages and being less able
- Expectations - From watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S, normally one would be established with life by the age of 30. Getting married, having kids, your own house or a job you enjoy
Things that might help people deal with their age
- Thinking about death is just a waste of time. Death is going to happen to everyone and just enjoy life
- Care for yourself more - Accept who you are and be happy with what you have
- Imagine yourself as an artist and TIME as your canvas. Paint the most interesting piece you can and celebrate it
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Sam Harris. I am a British entrepreneur, investor and explorer. From hitchhiking across Kazakstan to programming AI doctors I am always pushing myself in the spirit of curiosity and Growth. My background is in Biology and Psychology with a passion for improving the world and human behaviour. I have built and sold companies from an early age and love coming up with unique ways to make life more enjoyable and meaningful.
Sponsor - Feals
Feals has me feeling my best every day and it can help you too. Become a member today by going to Feals dot com slash growth and you'll get 50% off your first order with free shipping. That’s F-E-A-L-S dot com slash growth to become a member and get 50% automatically taken off your first order with free shipping. Feals dot com slash growth.
If you enjoyed the podcast please subscribe and rate it. And of course, share with your friends!Support Growth Mindset Podcast