The best lessons for life and success from Annie Duke's book "Thinking in Bets"
Annie Duke was a professional poker player and psychologist. Her book "Thinking in Bets" provides a brilliant set of rules and mental models for rationality in a confusing world.Sponsor - LinkedIn Jobs
Advertise your job for free to the world's largest professional network of job seekers. The #1 rated marketplace for hiring according to small businesses. Start hiring for free today LinkedIn.com/growth
Connect with Sam:
If you enjoyed the podcast please subscribe and rate it. And of course, share with your friends!
- 00:00 - Life is a game of chance
- 00:51 - Episode outline
- 02:01 - How Annie got into poker
- 04:27 - Rule 1 - Seek Truth
- 05:30 - Rule 2 - Never chase losses
- 07:05 - Ad - LinkedIn Jobs
- 08:21 - Mental models
- 08:48 - Model 1 - Wisdom is statistically good choices
- 11:44 - Model 2 - Question common knowledge
- 14:11 - Model 3 - Bet on it
- 15:44 - Wrap up
Don't Forget to leave a comment on this episode
See podvine.com/privacy-policy for podcast listener privacy info.