Most of our problems and disappointments are self-inflicted and can be overcome to help us earn respect.
Most of our problems and disappointments are self-inflicted. They can be overcome with the right knowledge and mindsets to help us earn respect.
There is a multitude of ways in which we disappoint ourselves. They are mostly caused by 4 areas of mistakes that we make which we learn about in the episode.
- - -Sponsor - Better Help
The Growth Mindset is sponsored by BetterHelp. Therapy to get you on your way to being your best self.
Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/GROWTHMINDSET
for 15% off.
- - -
Connect with Sam:
- - -
- 00:00 - Introduction to disappointment
- 01:14 - #1 Past self vs. present
- 02:32 - Lesson #1 - shed our past identity
- 02:42 - #2 Future self vs the present
- 03:08 - James Clear Quote
- 04:48 - Lesson #2 - Don't get ahead of ourselves
- 05:10 - ADVERT - Better Help
- 06:53 - #3 Speaking vs. being heard
- 08:06 - If you want to give opinions, it helps if you have authority
- 10:58 - Lesson #3 - Actions are louder than words
- 11:05 - #4 Taking ownership
- 13:19 - Lesson #4 - Don't blame others
- 13:25 - Conclusion - Living in reality
- 15:07 - Outro
Don't Forget to leave a comment on this episode
See podvine.com/privacy-policy for podcast listener privacy info.