By treating work and life as opposing forces we inevitably end up tipping the scales the wrong way. There is a better way.
By treating work and life as opposing forces we inevitably end up tipping the scales the wrong way. We can't always subscribe time evenly and things get out of whack.
We find there is a much better way by examining the term itself 'Work-life balance". This podcast will not only help you find better harmony with your different life projects but also help your awareness and mindsets to the choices you make.
- - -
Infinite Play - Nat Eliason
This episode was based on an article
from Nat Eliason and his brilliant newsletter Infinite Play
- I highly recommend subscribing.
Sponsor - Shortform
Learn more than ever from important non-fiction books at shortform.com/ growth
and receive 5-days of unlimited access and an additional 20% discount on the annual subscription.
Some favourite book summaries with exercises:
Connect with Sam:
If you enjoyed the podcast please subscribe and rate it. And of course, share with your friends!
- 00:00 - Work-life balance is the wrong goal
- 01:05 - Nat Eliason and Infinite Play
- 01:50 - Your time as heartbeats
- 02:57 - The issue with finding balance
- 03:42 - Why words are so important
- 05:30 - We are not rational, we are emotional
- 06:40 - ShortForm Advert
- 07:57 - The issue with the word "Balance"
- 08:55 - the main pillars of a happy life
- 09:40 - Good or bad obsession
- 10:30 - Integrating our priorities
- 12:20 - the secret to long term enjoyment
- 14:15 - Satisfaction without sacrifice
Don't Forget to leave a comment on this episode
See podvine.com/privacy-policy for podcast listener privacy info.